Aerofoam® NBR Rubber Insulation Tubes are closed-cell elastomeric foam structure whose non-porous composition offers high thermal efficiency as well as protection from imminent condensation problems and helps in sound absorption. Due to their dimensional stability, they reduce friction and reduce installation time significantly.
Not only are they environmentally friendly, they pose no harm to human health, they have zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP), Global Warming Potential (GWP) of less than five, and a low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) of less than 6 µg/m2/hr in 24 hours. The elimination of chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) and hydro chlorofluorocarbons (HCFC) from the production process while complying with LEED requirements make Aerofoam® NBR Nitrile Flexible Elastomeric Tubes ideal for use in projects that need optimal air conditioning, refrigeration, chilled water pipes, and hot water pipes thermal insulation.
- Air conditioning
- Chilled water pipes
- Hot water pipes
- Liquid gasses (cryogenic and LNG lines)
In order to install Aerofoam® flexible elastomeric foam tubes in a professional manner, please consult the Installation Handbook.
- Fire rated “CLASS O” as per BS 476 Parts 6 & 7;
- Very low water vapor permeance (0 perms);
- High water vapor diffusion factor (> 17,000);
- Very low water absorption rate (0.06% by volume);
- High thermal efficiency (λ24˚ C = 0.033 W/mK; λ46˚ C = 0.035 W/mK);
- Wide temperature range (from -50˚ C to +105˚ C);
- Chemical resistance – resistant to most chemicals (sodium, silica, fluoride, chloride, etc.);
- Antibacterial & antifungal;
- Environmental friendly – ODP = 0 and GWP < 5;
- Very low VOC emission level ( < 6 µg/m2/hr in 24 hours);
- Sound absorption properties;
- Perfect fit to most of the pipe sizes;
- Easy and fast to install.
Required Accessories :
- Aerofoam Glue
- Aerofoam NBR Foam Tape